- Third Quarter Revenue $29.3 million, increasing 40% over Q3 2019
- Record Quarterly Free Cash flow of $4.5 million
- Transformational shift in consumer behaviour leads to global record streaming
- Remote working structures for 1,000+ team members provide increased capacity to scale-up to meet demand for premium content
- Balance sheet further strengthened through final payment made on RBC term loan, company is debt free with $12.2M of cash
- Conference call and webcast scheduled for June 1 at 2 p.m. ET
VANCOUVER, October 7, 2020 – Thunderbird Entertainment Group Inc. (TSXV:TBRD, OTC – THBRF) (“Thunderbird” or the “Company”), is partnering with Underknown, the creators of the hit Webby Award winning social media brand What If to create a global television series.
What If’s videos are viewed 250 million times a month and have garnered more than six billion views in nine languages around the world. “This is an incredible brand, and social media hit,” says Mark Miller, President of Thunderbird Entertainment. “In a world where curious people search for quality content, What If has built an incredible following that will ensure What If the TV show will also be a hit.”
What If was conceived by the brilliant creative team at Underknown, headed by CEO Steve Hulford. The studio has produced more than 3,000 minutes of What If short-form content, such as “What If you got swallowed by a whale?”, “What If the Earth stopped spinning?” and “What If the Earth was a moon of Jupiter?”
“What If is about imagination and curiosity. We take the viewer on an epic exploration of possibilities and we tell great stories designed to entertain and inspire millennials on their mobile phones,” says Steve Hulford. “We are excited to bring a treasure trove of data from more than 500 webisodes and millions of viewers to the development process with Thunderbird, in order to grow our brand from mobile phones to long-form television.”
What If is routinely the #1 Science and Technology video channel in the world for media and entertainment companies (according to Tubular Labs). The What If franchise is published on YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram, and has amassed 25 million followers with more than five billion watched-minutes around the world.