December 21, 2015
TV TOP 10: WHAT CANADIANS WATCHED IN 2015
Diane Wild / TV, Eh?
Bell Media has released a series of top 10 lists of most-watched shows in Canada and according to their numbers, Canadian contenders include:
- Amazing Race Canada – number one regularly scripted series and competition reality series
- Rick Mercer Report – 10th most-watched comedy
- Book of Negroes – 9th most-watched new series
- Big Brother Canada – 8th most-watched competition reality series
- Juno Awards – 9th most-watched entertainment TV event
- Vikings – 3rd most-watched specialty series
- Canada’s Worst Driver – 8th most-watched specialty series
- Highway Thru Hell – 9th most-watched specialty series
From the Bell media release:
As 2015 comes to a close, 12-month data from Numeris highlights what Canadians have been watching on television over the past calendar year. Once again, live television events are the most-watched, led by sports championships and awards broadcasts. Among sports tournament broadcasts, we love American and Canadian football, junior and pro hockey, baseball and soccer – but curling and golf too. For regularly scheduled programming, while we wholeheartedly embrace competition series, we prefer dramas over comedies. On specialty, Justin Bieber roasts, red carpet pre-shows, and all things zombie rank high, along with fantasy and historical dramas (and yet more competition series). Meanwhile, the television program Canadians watch the most is an original production showcasing our country.
Find Out More: http://www.tv-eh.com/2015/12/21/tv-top-10-wha...